BAFTA View is a web-based platform which hosts content and connects to third-party platforms. The site works on a wide variety of devices, and there are a number of ways to watch content on your television. This basic guide describes the most reliable and effective method. If you are using BAFTA View for the first time, or if you have experienced any issues, start here:
Whether you are using a mobile device or a laptop, ensure you are using the latest version of your internet browser. We recommend using Google Chrome.
Connect your device to your television using an HDMI cable. This is the fastest and most reliable way of watching on your television, and ensures that content is not blocked by the security features of some third-party platforms. Make sure you are using a recent HDCP-compliant cable.
If you can see picture on your TV and no sound/audio plays or plays from your laptop/Mac, you may need to change your preferences.
Tips for a better viewing experience
Before watching a film, close all other applications and browser tabs. This will ensure you are making the most of your broadband speed.
Clearing cookies/cache frees up space which may allow BAFTA view to run more efficiently. To clear cookies on Chrome:
1. Open Chrome
2. At the top right, click More (three vertical dots)
3. Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select ‘All time’
5. Check the boxes next to ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’
6. Click ‘Clear data’ to confirm
As BAFTA View plays films in a popped up window, it is advised to have pop ups enabled at all times when attempting to watch on BAFTA View. Some browsers, by default, will disable pop ups or allow them temporarily, as usually pop ups are unwanted adverts.
To enable pop ups as default:
- Open Chrome
- At the top right, click More (three vertical dots)
- Click Privacy and security > Site Settings.
- Click Pop-ups and redirects.
- Click the button next to ‘sites can send pop-ups and use redirects’