If the video has started playing, but buffers at any stage please check the strength of your internet connection and if your signal is intermittent it may be best to re-start your internet hub. If you have identified that you have a continually weak signal and slow speeds, you can adjust the quality switcher in the controls to a level that works better with your connection at this time.
As a general rule, here are FIVE standard checks you should make to eliminate any unnecessary drains on your bandwidth before casting any videos:
- Close any open but unused tabs and windows on your device.
- Check nobody else in your household who is using the same wifi connection is streaming, casting or using other data-hungry activities such as downloading/uploading large files or online gaming.
- Ensure your casting from and casting to devices are connected to the same network.
- Check your current wifi signal strength.
- Make sure your devices is not currently engaged in a background activity like installing a software update.